Cancellation, Refund & Credit policies regarding the COVID-19 outbreak
At Homestay.com, the safety of our hosts and guests is our number one priority.
On 11 March, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of coronavirus, COVID-19, to be a global pandemic. Disruption continues to affect both our guests and hosts plans for future bookings and the below cancellation, refund & credit policies will apply during these times.
Deposit Payment Refunds - 25%
Where we have collected a 25% deposit payment on behalf of a host, and are still in receipt of this amount, we will refund this amount back to the guest 2 days prior to their check-in date.
Booking Fee Refunds
Where bookings were made prior to the 14th March 2020:
- Refunds will apply, where a host has made a personal decision not to accommodate a guest as a result of COVID-19 outbreak.
- Refunds will not apply where the host cancels on behalf of the guest
- If a booking has already begun (the check-in has passed), this refund policy does not apply.
- No refunds will apply for bookings made on or after the 14th March 2020. The 25% deposit payment amount collected will, however, be refunded 2 days prior to check-in date.
Refunds, where applied, will typically be processed 2 days prior to your check-in date. However, due to the unprecedented volume of travel disruptions, refunds may take longer to be processed. We appreciate your patience as we try to work through and help as many guests as possible.
Booking cancellations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and in some instances Travel Credit for the value of the booking fee may be applied.
All travel credits applied will be valid to make a booking within 1 year from the date applied and can be used to book a homestay in any destination.
Balance Due on Arrival to Host
- For any monies transacted between the Guest and the Host, either directly between both parties or through the 25% deposit payment method, we will do our best to help with communications between both parties.
- Where we have collected 25% deposit payment on behalf of a host, and are still in receipt of this amount, we will refund this amount back to the guest 2 days prior to their check-in date.
- However please note that ultimately a resolution of any potential refund of accommodation totals lies between the Guest and the Host.
- We urge both parties to try to come to an amicable solution, particularly given these unprecedented times.
Please ensure you keep up to date with your local authority and with the World Health Organization for information on all travel advisories.
For any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch: email@example.com